Thursday, January 6, 2011

Health cooking and other excitement

Hola todos,
 
2011 has been really nice so far! I'm having a lot of fun learning how to dance and cook.

My favorite meals lately are:
  • oatmeal with fresh peaches (I don't use any sweetener at all: just a bit of peach in every bite)
  • hummus or flavored soy spread on bread, topped with alfalfa sprouts
  • miso soup with shitake mushrooms, tofu, and green onions
  • all-natural instant soup
  • and pasta!
All these things are cheap, healthy, easy, and delicious! Which makes me really happy every time another mealtime comes around, lol.

Don't forget to drink healthy, too. A lot of people around here seem to live on Coca-Cola, Crystal Light (aka Clight), and beer or wine. Water, tea, 100% juice, and unsweetened or mildly sweetened coffee are best.

Other delicious things I am very excited about are:
  • Melona melon popsicles (Asian popsicles that taste exactly like cantaloupe)
 (I have one in my hand here. And am wearing a new skirt I bought myself for Christmas!)

  • Sweet aduki bean pastries (also Asian)
  • And Peruvian rice, beans, and spicy sauce that Santos' roommates made! It tasted really great.

As for the non-food-related news... Yesterday I met up with two Americans from Couchsurfers and showed them around MALBA and took them to Chinatown. They are in the music business in Salt Lake City. I told them everything I know about Argentina (history, craft fairs, food, etc.), and we had a lot of fun!

Later that night I went out for ice cream and Peruvian food with Santos. Tonight we're going to the premiere of Los Pequeños Fockers, the new Meet the Parents movie. It'll be the first movie I've gone to at the theater in Argentina!

I also got a new job teaching English. The language institutes here (as in Korea, and probably most other places...) are not very well coordinated. Still, though, it should be great to get more teaching experience and meet a few more people.

Other exciting news is that Maria rented the vacant room in our apartment out — to a girl from South Korea! I haven't met her yet, but I'm excited to.

There are lots of cool events I'm excited about for later this week and next week, but as I'm not sure which ones I'll go to, I'll save it for another entry!

¡Hasta luego!
Kaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment