Tuesday, December 7, 2010

He regresado

Hola todos,

I am in Buenos Aires!!! I arrived in the city around 2pm today. It is great to be back! And to enjoy the spring!!

I called the list of leasers I've been compiling around 4pm. I arranged three meetings and by chance, according to availability really, I checked out my favorite on the list first. It's in a beautiful neighborhood with lots of flowers and shops, blocks away from my university, and shared by a psychologist and another exchange student. I told the leaser, Maria, that I really loved it, but asked if it could be any cheaper. At first she said no, and I just left it at that. I told her that Id let her know in two days after I checked out four other places. She lowered the price, and I said that it sounded great, but was still going to check out the other places. Then she lowered it to the cheapest price on my list-- 250 dollars per month, as opposed to 300. And I took it! The other places were shared by more people, not as close to my university, and not in such a beautiful neighborhood. I'm so excited about this! I'm moving in tomorrow and will be focusing on the job search now!

The bummer news is that my camera was stolen. The subway was more packed than I've ever seen it. I had my hand over my purse, which was in front of me, but it was open because I had a water bottle in it. I felt like someone tried to cut the strap, but the strap was fine and my wallet was still there. I didn't notice 'til later that my camera and its case were gone.

It is a bummer, but I'm much more happy than bummed out. I was worried at some points about getting here safely (mysterious, fire-alarm-like sirens went off twice at JFK airport in New York, and there was a storm warning and some turbulence on my flight from Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires), but I made it! And I found an amazing place to live!

I'm going to get to sleep now! It's been a long two days and I'm meeting two fellow extended traveler friends tomorrow for lunch! (You can read about their travels here! : http://nigamandkate.blogspot.com)

Un beso grande!
Kaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment