Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mi Navidad

 It was the nice before Christmas, and all through the house...

...of the amigo I went to visit in Koreatown...

...the power (and thus the air conditioning) went out...

...and hoodlums from the villa made it impossible to leave the house...

...BUT, we managed to get Korean take-out, talked about our lives, and all was well! I love, love, love Korean food! =D



On Christmas Eve I went on a picnic and later out for ice cream with more friends. Argentine ice cream is the most delicious stuff I've had! My favorite flavors are melon, dulce de leche (¡claro!), Russian cream (which might be walnut), banana split (dulce de leche + banana), and coffee. More favorite flavors yet to come! lol.

At night I talked with my mom and sister to see what they got for Christmas. They were happy with their gifts, and my stepdad was sound asleep with his new Snuggie!

On Christmas I stayed inside singing my favorite Christmas songs (this year: O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard On High, and Go Tell It On the Mountain), drinking (cold!) apple cider, and hanging out with a guy from Holland. Did you know that: the Dutch language is similar to German and Luxembourgish; there is a national debate in Holland about whether birth control pills and condoms should be paid for by the state; and Amsterdam is one of the most gay-friendly cities in the world? I learned those things yesterday! Holland seems like an interesting place.

Today I spent most of my time working (¡sí!). I am on trial hire for a job editing how-to guides written by non-native English speakers. It's a fun job, and I'm pretty sure I'll get it! I applied for another one that would require me writing emails and profile information on behalf of other people using dating sites (bad writers or very busy people). It sounds pretty funny, but would be interesting and fun as well! =)

My plans for the week are to get my hair cut, do more healthy and delicious cooking (I am getting better and better at it), and, of course, go to some free events.


I hope you are all having happy holidays, too! Besos!
Kaeli

No comments:

Post a Comment